Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dunn Bros

Guten Tag! 

Right now my handsome husband and I are at Dunn Bros coffee having some very yummy apple cider and studying for our separate classes.  He is reading the book of Acts for his Acts class, and I am reading Culture Making by Andy Crouch for my Senior Seminar in Communication Studies class.  I love that class so much, so many books, so many book discussions, so many laughters and learnings.

Just a few moments ago some guy from a table across the room asked Sam, "Hey!  Is that a Bible you're reading?  Do you actually believe in that stuff?  Why?"  Sam said that it's the inspired Word of God and yes he believes it and is a Christian and that we both have seen God work in our lives.  Then the guy said that he is a Christian too and he was just kinda testing us in what we would say, haha!  He is from Teen Challenge and was very excited to tell us what God has been doing for him.  It was fun!

In a few days more than one month, Sam and I will be graduating and moving away.  Moving away to where?  Good question!  God will tell us though and we will have peace when we seek His will on this. Pray for us as well, please :)

Last night we watched the movie Big Fish that someone from work randomly gave to me to borrow.  Have you seen it?  Kinda weird!!!

k bye

2 comments:

  1. Lol that guy was funny!! Do you feel you passed his test?? never heard of big fish before...

    k bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes I think Sammy handled it quite well! The guy didn't talk
    directly to me at first because it was Sam with the Bible. Although on Sunday I was at McDonald's writing my Genesis paper while Sam had
    pre-service worship practice and a guy came up to me and asked what
    version of the Bible I was using. We found out that we go to the same church!

    ReplyDelete